“10 Surefire Ways to Wake Up Your Creativity”
1. Your brain does better creative work when you are tired- this is because when we are tired our brain has a harder time focusing allowing us to wander off on tangents that could spark a creative thought
2. Exercise can improve your creativity- sweat is like WD-40 for the brain!
3. Ambient noise levels are the best for creativity- ambient sounds like coffee shops help creative thinking where silence helps detail oriented tasks
4. Nothing is original: creativity is all about making connections-“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something.” -Steve Jobs
5. Traveling abroad may help improve creative thinking
6. Dim light makes us feel more free
7. Blue and Green can help improve your performance on creative tasks
8. Constraints can be beneficial to creativity- for example constraints on time can motivate you or constraints on ideas can help you focus and not feel overwhelmed by “to many choices”
9. A separate messy desk can help improve creativity
10. Being sleepy can make you more creative- use dreams to create!